Greek organizations are known for their philanthropy events. They are a staple within Greek communities at campuses across the country. Through them, millions of dollars are raised each year for a collection of great causes. The Greeks for Good platform enables you or your members to effectively raise funds in conjunction with any philanthropy event hosted by you or your chapter. Whether it’s a chapter event or an event that you are hosting personally, our goal is to help you raise funds effectively and learn about philanthropy during the process.
How to Get Started:
- Determine your philanthropy event and set a date
- Register for Greeks for Good. If you are using Greeks for Good for your chapter's event, create a team that others can join. Register as an individual if you have planned a personal event.
- If you're creating a team for your chapter, read this post for a step-by-step look at How Your Chapter Can Use Greeks For Good For Its Philanthropy Events.
- Upload your contacts and send a fundraising email to your potential donors.
- Share your fundraising page on your social networks.
- Plan and execute your philanthropy event.
- Thank your donors.
- Celebrate your success. We’ll take care of sending your dollars raised to your cause.
Remember, philanthropy events do not have to be hosted by a collection of people. They can be hosted by individuals as well.
For philanthropy events that want to sell tickets, this can be accomplished by asking attendees to make a monetary donation to a participant who is raising funds for the event. The donor will receive an e-receipt that can be brought to the event and serve as a ticket.
Those who want to participate in community service events can also use Greeks for Good to raise funds in conjunction with serving the community.